July 22, 2024


The Gods Made Home

Travel Visa For China – A Few Things Your Should Know

A Visa is considered among the many requirements that are needed for international travel. Only if an application is made followed by the issuing of a Visa to a said country will a person be allowed to enter the target country. A Visa has different categories meant for the many different purposes of entry. This can be as or even more perplexing compared to that of a passport. As with all other international Visas, a Travel Visa for China has many guidelines that have to be followed when application is made before it can be issued.

Different countries of the world have their own different organizations for the issuance of Visas. In general, the organizations for issuing passport and Visas are the same one in a country. Some of the known different organizations that issue Visas are Ministries of Foreign Affairs, embassies/consulates, Immigration Departments and even police stations in certain countries. These organizations are responsible in the issuance of Visas. Subsequently, these same bodies also have the power to refuse Visa applications or cancel the validity of an issued Visa.

There are many different kinds of Travel Visa for China. These visas include D (Residence Visa), F (Business/Visit Visa), G (Transit Visa), L (Tourist Visa), X (Study/Student Visa), and Z (Work Visa). We will try to provide some brief information about these different types of Visa.

D (Residence Visa) – Among the required documents is the Certificate of residence approval, an actual passport with blank visa pages, and at least a 6-month validity period. Visa Application Form (Q1) is to be filled and attached with 2-inch color/black and white passport photo. A Physical Examination Certificate is also required.

F (Business/Visit Visa) – Similar to the residence visa but differs in the sense that it requires either an invitation letterform China or an original company visa application letter. For those born in China and joined the foreign nationality later on, the Chinese passport is required (original or copy are both accepted). These conditions are for single-entry applications. Multiple-entry visas for business are also available but come under a different set of requirements.

G (Transit Visa) – this is self-explained with a few subjections regarding the nature of transits, which do not require this Visa.

L (Tourist Visa) – Also self-explained. Its requirements (documents) are similar to that of the Residence Visa.

X (Study/Student Visa) – Again self -explained and requiring the same documents as the Residence Visa with the additional JW201 and JW202 forms – The Entrance Notice of Schools in China and Foreign Student Visa Application respectively.

Z (Work Visa) – Visa for those seeking employment. Same as D Class Visa with the additional Work Permit for Aliens or Foreign Expert’s License which is issued by Chinese authorities. Family members of laborers who can prove the relationship with some form of legal papers need not require employment documents.